Thursday, June 9, 2016

French cafes told not to host big outdoor Euro soccer parties (Reuters)

Workman make final preparations for the UEFA 2016 European Championship at Stade Geoffroy-Guichard, in Saint-Etienne, France, June 9, 2016. REUTERS/Robert Pratta

French cafe owners are being told not to host large outdoor TV broadcasts of the Euro 2016 soccer championship because of the security risk, in a country where Islamist attackers killed 130 people on one night in November. "It's all planned to ensure security at specific places," sports minister Thierry Braillard said "We cannot accept unorganized crowds because the security forces don't have the means to make them safe," he told RMC radio ahead of the June 10-July 10 tournament. The U.S. government warned last week of possible summer attacks in Europe, saying targets could include Euro 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Carlos Vela's future is among the 14 roster riddles LAFC is trying to solve

LAFC general manager John Thorrington has just six weeks to rebuild a roster that has lost 18 players, and it's unclear if Carlos Vela...

Popular Posts